1. GOD - We believe in ONE God, Creator of the world and Father of all mankind. God is manifest as the Father in creation, the Son in redemption, and the Holy Ghost in regeneration; and these three are one. Deuteronomy 6:4; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 2:9; I Timothy 3:16.
2. JESUS CHRIST - We believe the man Jesus Christ was "the only begotten Son of God," the physical manifestation of God Almighty. Jesus Christ was born of a virgin named Mary, lived a sinless life, manifested His divinity through healings and miraculous, supernatural works; died by crucifixion, and was literally, physically raised up (resurrected) from the dead three days afterwards by the power of God. Isaiah 7:14; Isaiah 9:6; Luke 1:21-31; John 1:1-4; Acts 2:22-24; John 14:6-12.
3. THE BIBLE - We believe the Holy Bible is singularly and alone the written Word of God, and is the only authority and source of truth for the church as it relates to doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness. II Timothy 3:15-17; II Peter 1:16-21; Ephesians 3:1-6.
4. SIN & THE GOSPEL - We believe that all humanity is born into a sinful state and can only be saved through obedience (based upon faith) to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Psalm 51:5; Romans 1:12; II Thessalonians 1:3-12; John 3:15-18; Mark 16:15-16.
5. FULL SALVATION - We believe that God has provided the means for salvation by grace. Mankind has done nothing to deserve or earn the gift of God which was Jesus Christ and the life He offered freely on the cross of Calvary. All humanity is called to be "Born Again." This requires that all converts to Biblical Christianity A) repent (turn from unbelief to belief in God) and embrace by faith the resurrected Christ, B) submit to water baptism "in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins" in response to faith and repentance, as faith without action is dead, being alone (James 3), and C) that we by faith in God's promise receive the gift of the Holy Ghost Baptism, mandated for all who turn to the Lord in faith for salvation. The Holy Ghost baptism is evidenced by speaking with other tongues (other, unlearned languages) as the Spirit of the Lord enables, as was the consistent experience of the apostles of Jesus Christ and the early church throughout the biblical Book of Acts. Acts 2:38-39, Mark 16:17-18; Acts 8:13; Acts 9:17-18; Acts 10:42-48; Acts 16:14-15; Acts 18:8;Acts 19:1-7;Romans 6:3; I Corinthians 1:13; I Corinthians 12:13; Galatians 3:27-28; I Peter 3:21.
6. CHRISTIAN LIVING - We believe the Christian life is marked by adherence to the disciplines, principals, and teachings of Jesus Christ and His apostles as articulated in the writings of the New Testament. Love for the brethren as well as those who are outside the church, church attendance, Bible study, prayer, fasting, personal evangelism, charity, and substantive support of the work of God and His God-called ministers, and Christian fellowship are all indicative of a Christian life. John 14:15; John 15:10; Matthew 7:24-25; Romans 6:4; Hebrews 12:14; Hebrews 10:25; Acts 2:42-43; I Thessalonians 5:12-22.
7. INCLUSION - We believe that all sincere seekers are welcome into the Church of Christ without prejudice or preference, regardless of age, race, gender, skin-color, land of origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, profession, or economic status. Grace works for all or it works for none. All are welcome! Matthew 11:28; John 6:37; Romans 12:9; John 13:35; Galatians 6:10; Hebrews 13:2; Romans 2:1; James 2:1-7.
8. GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT - We believe that the (nine) gifts of the Holy Spirit, including Divine Healing and Prophecy are present in and essential to the Church of Jesus Christ as evidence of the Lord's resurrection and divinity. I Corinthians 12:1-9; I Corinthians 14:1-6; Romans 12:5-8; Hebrews 2:14; Acts 2:17; Acts 19:6; Mark 16:17-18, 20; James 5:14-15.
9. THE RAPTURE - We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is soon to appear to redeem His purchased possession; (the "Rapture" of the church), the Born Again people of God. I Corinthians 15:50-55; I Thessalonians 4:16-17; I Thessalanians 5:1-5; Revelation 20:11-15; John 14:1-3
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. MATT 1:23
Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know : ACTS 2:22
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death * in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
I PETER 3:18
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed , if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification. ROMANS 4:24-25
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. JOHN 3:13
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. GENESIS 1:1
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
II TIMOTHY 3:16
For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: I THESSALONIANS 4:16
Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen. REVELATION 1:7
COPYRIGHT 2015 - All rights reserved.
The ONE Church In Christ Jesus, Inc.
(214) 462-5979 The1Church@Yahoo.com
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
that WHOSOEVER believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.